Wednesday 24 November 2010

Breif Overview/Possible problems

Before i started to uv mapping the head i did some research into the different types of uv maps. This is my first time doing uv mapping by myself, as i am not too familiar with the technique. From what i have found out from digital tutors, Maya 7. there are different ways to uv map such as cylindrical, planner, spherical, and automatic mapping. based on my research i think it is best to use planner and cylindrical mapping, as you can see below. It took my quite a while to uv map my character. I also mad sure everything stayed in the grid before i made a uv snap shot. I also used a tool called unfold, which unfolds the uvs and makes it look more clean. A possible problem that could arise is the uvs looking very stretched.

No comments:

Post a Comment